We have been to several Hi-Wire Brewing events in Asheville and have never been disappointed. That’s why we decided to stop in for the Hi-Wire Brewing Anniversary Party that was held at the Big Top location.
You may also like:
» Family Fun Day At Tour de Fat Asheville
Hi-Wire Brewing Anniversary Party
Affordable family fun, delicious big top food and great beer. This was what you get if you head out to Hi-Wire Brewing 4th Anniversary Party. Just waiting in line to get in for a short time, the kids already had a list of things they wanted to do. The question was, what would they do first?
Family-Fun and Entertainment
This was an wonderful day to spend a Saturday afternoon. Kids and adults alike were entertained by all the circus-themed attractions.
We started with face-painting. I loved that this was free, but you could leave a tip. Davis insisted on getting a beard so he could match Ryan and Luke ended up with a skeleton look.
The glass house was on the list of one of the first things to do. This was the first time they had ever been in a glass-house maze, and this attraction was Luke’s favorite. At the exit of the house, there’s a slide to go down in order to exit.
The Ferris Wheel. I’ve always been a tad uneasy on a ferris wheel. However, the kids really wanted to do this. Like any good parent, I pulled up my big girl pants and got on the ride. This was hands-down Davis’ favorite.
All around the Big Top you’ll find stilt walkers and magicians. These were both fun. We were actually familiar with the magician that was there, and he’s great at entertaining kids and adults alike. In fact, he came to our local library a few weeks prior and put on a show for the kids as Professor WhizzPop.
Dual aerialists, Tarot Card Reader, High Striker & More!!
In the bier garden you could hang out and relax. Chat with a tarot card reader, watch a magic act, and/or enjoy food and drinks.
The line-up of sours were fantastic. One 8oz pour was a token each. If you aren’t a huge fan of sours, don’t let that prevent you from going to this event. Ryan isn’t a big fan of sours, but he loved that you could use your token at the bar to get a pint of their “regular line-up”. Here’s the list of sours that were offered that day:
• Sour Blonde Ale Fermented in Red Wine Barrels (6.75% ABV)
• Blackberry Sour (8.2% ABV)
• Oak Fermented Belgian White with Brettanomyces (6.5% ABV)
• A Very Tasty Beverage (5.7% ABV)
• White Grape Grisette with Sauvignon Blanc Grapes (5.5% ABV)
• Flanders Red Sour Ale (5.8% ABV)
• Oak Fermented Wild Rice Ale with Lemongrass (6.7% ABV)
• Foeder Brett Saison (6.5% ABV)
• Tropical Sour Weisse with Passion Fruit & Guava (4.2% ABV)
• Oak Fermented Patersbier with Brettanomyces (4.7% ABV)
• Oak Fermented Spring Saison with Brettanomyces (8% ABV)
• NOLA Brewing Collab – Tart Cherry Saison (6% ABV)
• Oak Fermented Sour Ale with Blueberries (8.2% ABV)
• Wild Rye IPA with Brettanomyces (6.75% ABV)
• Brett Rye Saison with Blue Spice Basil (5.8% ABV)
• Citra Gose (4.2% ABV)
What about the food?
We’ve talked about all the fun to be had, and all the beers to enjoy. What about the food? You won’t be disappointed at all in this area. On site (always) you’ll find the Foothills Food Truck which sells amazing food. I’m not even kidding here folks. If you’re ever by there and not really hungry…I still suggest you at least try their Tallow Fry Basket. Oh My Goodness!! I’ve yet to get a picture of this deliciousness. The kids gobble it up the minute it comes out.
Also on site for the event was Sunshine Sammies. Their hand-crafted ice cream hits the spot. The boys were sure to save room for this special treat before we left. It didn’t disappoint!
Things to know at the Hi-Wire Brewing Anniversary Party
• I recommend getting there early, as there is limited parking.
• Not a fan of sours? You can also get 16oz pours of their regular line-up using your tokens. Additional tokens can be purchased for $5 each.
• Kids are FREE to get in and there are plenty of free activities to keep them entertained.
• $10 admission includes 2 beer tokens and a glass.